Friday, April 16, 2010

Sun-Flax Original

So I was in Whole Foods picking out my Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats that I like to eat for breakfast (with fruit, nuts, and cinnamon and a sprinkle of salt) when I ran across raw organic vegan bread. It is Love Force Sun-Flax Original, you can buy it online (although the price is kind of steep). It's gluten free and the only ingredients are: raw organic sunflower seeds, raw organic flax seeds, raw organic agave nectar, and raw organic celtic sea salt. It's good for a snack or to have along with a light meal like a salad.

My other recent purchase at Whole Foods (or like my brother says, whole paycheck) was Chia seeds. A friend of mine told me that they are super healthy for you and full of all sorts of vitamins and nutrients and that health nuts eat them. I couldn't wrap my head around eating a chia pet? Would a chia pet start to grow in my stomach?

I had baked a casserole of zucchini, squash, asparagus, and onions with quinoa (cooked the quinoa first) and brown rice bread crumbs (can be found at Whole Foods or Wegmans or most health food stores). The spices/herbs I added were oregano, salt, basil, rosemary, and dill. I baked it about 25 minutes on 400. I ate some leftovers for lunch today and sprinkled some chia seeds in it.

Lately I've been feeling pretty good because I've been active. I go rock climbing (my new love) about 2 or 3 times a week and play on an ultimate frisbee team. I'm trying to go running/hiking as much as I can as well. I'm trying to balance the cost of pricey foods that I eat (vegan bread, organic peanut butter, rice milk etc.) with buying fruits and veggies at the truck by my house or going to the produce junction instead of the grocery store.


Happy Friday!


I got troubles oh but not today, cause they're gonna wash away, they're gonna wash away... Joe Purdy

No comments:

Post a Comment