Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Stromboli Pie

Ok so I tried to make stromboli. My only problem is that instead of trying to make the correct shape on a pan I ended up making a pie because I wasn't thinking that If I put my stromboli in a pie pan, it would probably not turn out to be shaped like a stromboli. Nevertheless it was delicious.

I follow the instructions for Orgran Pizza Mix and once it is all mixed together I dust the bottom of a pie pan with brown rice flour then spread half of the dough in the bottom of the pan. Preheat the oven 400 degrees. Then add on top of the first layer of dough:

5 cloves (big) of chopped garlic
dill (1 tsp)
basil, (1 tbsp)
thai basil (1 tbsp)
salt/pepper to taste
Muir Glen Organic Pasta Sauce (1/2 cup or enough to layer the dough)
1/2 cup chopped fresh kale
1 cup chopped zuchinni

Then add second layer of pizza dough on top. Bake at 400 degress for 30-45 minutes or until top is golden (or I always just use the toothpick test!) Enjoy. This turned out really good and it lasted only a few days after making it!



"We are indeed much more than we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are." Adelle Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment