Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sweet Potato Leek Soup

Ok I made a delicious soup tonight, thanks to my brother who brought up "potato leek soup" during conversation about leeks and got my brain rolling. I didn't measure anything out so I am going to give you approximations.

Ingredients:
3 small to medium sweet potatos
2 leeks
1 package boneless skinless chicken tenders
1 large yellow onion
1/2 - 1 tbsp salt*
1 tbsb coriander
1 tsp dill
1 tbsp oregano
2 cups almond milk
1/2 brown rice flour
4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp chopped ginger

*your call on how much salt you want

Saute leeks (chop up the light green part in the middle), chopped onions and garlic with olive oil in a sauce pan about 7 minutes. You want to let the flavors out but not overcook it.

Add sweet potatos (peeled, sliced, and cubed) and chicken to the pot. Then add leeks, onion and garlic. Add brown rice flour, almond milk, ginger, spices, and about a cup and a half of water and bring to a boil. Boil about 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Someone told me a trick this weekend "if the potatoes are cooked, the meat is cooked." I lso like to let it simmer a few minutes in the pot before I eat it to let it thicken up a bit.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment