Friday, June 11, 2010

Pizza!

Not the usual pizza, but it works and is very healthy.

What you need: Orgran pizza/pastry mix. Organic sugar-free tomato sauce (or chopped up tomatos) whatever toppings you choose! I tend to choose from: zucchini, squash, asparagus, red, green, and yellow bell peppers and spinach as staples but you could add chicken (pre-cooked of course) fish or anchovies. Bilinksi's organic chicken sausage is very tasty for a topping!

Follow the instructions on the Orgran pizza mix box. You will need to add olive oil and sometimes I like to add rice milk as well. Once the mix is ready and spread out on a baking sheet add toppings. Bake for about 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees.



*As for an update from me, I have been feeling great these past few weeks. I continue to go to the rock climbing gym about 1-2 X per week and I play on an Ultimate frisbee team about 1-2 X per week. Aside from that I like to do pilates, yoga, african dance class, jogging or bike riding and I'm still looking for new fun activities to engage in. Climbing and frisbee have been my constants and they are two activities that I really enjoy so throughout the week I can vary up the off days and try new things. I was never a fan of just running but now that I don't depend on it as my primary means of exercise I am able to do it more often. I guess it's a mind game with me. The biggest thing that has helped me to become active again was finding sports that are fun for me and not a chore.

I went to see my allergy doctor this week for a check-up. When I walked in the door she said I looked great, which is very encouraging. I talked with her and she said that I may be able to heal and eat yeast again but it is very difficult for adults once they develop an intolerance. So I am accepting that there is a possibility I may have to deal with this for the rest of my life, but if that means I must continue to eat very healthy, go climbing and play ultimate frisbee every week, I think I'm OK with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment